[mythtv] Recorded Programs table schema

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sun Nov 27 07:32:32 EST 2005

I'm looking at a bug in mythweb which prevents it from deleting renamed
recordings. The bug occurs simply because the input is checked against an
expected pattern to prevent an nasty individual deleting system  files etc.

What I noticed was that the 'recorded' table doesn't have a unique id column,
instead relying on a combination of start/end time and program name. Was this
a conscious decision? If so why?

I ask because the future proof solution to the mythweb deletion issue would be
to use a static format unique id instead of changing the input filter to
match possible filenames.
--
Stuart Morgan