[mythtv] Debian apt packages

Nathan Poznick kraken at wang-fu.org
Thu Nov 24 03:45:04 EST 2005

Thus spake Adam Egger:
> I haven't seen any missing packages on debian64 so far. The marillat
> amd64 repository of course has lame.
> All firewire libs like libraw should be available for all platforms in
> the official debian repo:
> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/libs/libraw1394-5

If you're not tweaking the compile options and rolling your own packages
with firewire support, you probably wouldn't have noticed (the firewire
support is disabled in Matt's debs, I've been enabling it and
recompiling locally).

libraw1394-5 is of course in the official Debian repository as you point
out, but missing is libiec61883.  There is hope however - an ITP was
filed on September 28th:

A ping to the person who filed the ITP to check on their status may be a
wise course of action.  It may be that they already have packages
created, and just haven't gotten them through NEW yet.

--
Nathan Poznick <kraken at wang-fu.org>

"Beware of bugs in the above program. I proved it correct, I did not
try it." -- D. E. Knuth