[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7932 by nigel

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Wed Nov 23 21:36:49 EST 2005

On 23-Nov-05, at 7:27 PM, Nigel Pearson wrote:

>> test expects one word on either side of the != so all that "no
>> sdl-config in ..." crap gives it heartburn.
>
> 	Aah. Common scripting problem. Easy to fix. Try this:
> if test "x`which sdl-config`" != x ; then

Yup, I know that one too but you need the right side to be "x". Double
quoting allows test to execute but it doesn't establish that you have
sdl installed since when you don't have it the comparison becomes "xno
sdl-config in a b c" != "x" which is true and that causes the script to
think you have sdl installed. We really need which to shut up when it
can't find anything.

So far the contenders are test x`which sdl-config | 2>&1 grep -v ^no`
!= x and a shell function that implements a properly quiet which. David
Snider leans towards the first and I lean towards the second.

> 	The only problem I get now is:
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> 	which is strange, because:

Hmm, that is odd. I'll see if I can come up with anything over the next
few days.

- George