[mythtv] Debian apt packages

Robert LeBlanc robert at leblancnet.us
Wed Nov 23 15:44:34 EST 2005

Well, I can host the repository on my servers if space/access is an
issue. I would like to get myth into the mainstream, but from the sounds
of it, it may have to reside in contrib., but mplayer and the codecs
from nerim.net would have to be submitted to non-free, and I think that
is the biggest problem. One problem that I've noticed is that some of
the dev packages required to compile myth are not updated very often
(mplayer as an example). If all goes well, I'd like to have the released
version in stable and a current svn version in sid/testing. Maybe a
script that is croned and if a compile is successful updates the
repository. I guess the best starting point is to bring Matt's packages
up to date. There are a lot of broken dependencies. Like was mentioned
before, Matt has done a lot of work and I'm sure a lot of the scripts
will still work with the new source. Last time I compiled mythtv with
dvb support (I don't have dvb) I got segfaults, so I'm sure there will
be a lot of things to work through to get general binaries.

Robert LeBlanc