[mythtv] MythTV demo

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Nov 23 10:54:00 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 15:51 +0100, Mattia Martinello wrote:
> I wish to know what version of MythTV it better that I use. All has to
> do a bit stable, because MythTV shouldn't crash in public! :-)
I would recommend svn revision 7738, that was the last revision
prior to the last big change. Do a run through doing everything.
And setup something like the "Wife button" described in Wilson's
install guide: http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php

7738 has neat new DVB features like signal monitoring,
including the antenna adjust mode "F7".

My experience with demos is that someone will ask you if feature
X is supported; then, you say yes and demonstrate, and something
unexpected happens.

> The current SVN version has a bug on LiveTV (i sent a ticket and a
> message to dev list) that hangs Mythfrontend with a segmentation fault
> error. Will this bug be solved before Saturday?
Probably, but there are probably a few new bugs lurking and others
will be introduced. There are bugs in 7738 that have been fixed in
later revisions, but they are more or less a known quantity...

-- Daniel