[mythtv] Live-TV & Recording nightmare

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Tue Nov 22 16:17:51 EST 2005

On Tuesday 22 Nov 2005 20:58, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Stuart Morgan wrote:
> >Has anyone else tried to record a programme they are watching in Live-TV
> > and had problems?
>
> What version?  Stable and SVN have very different implementations of
> LiveTV.

Latest SVN - sorry thought that was implied but I should have said.

> The important question here is actually why did it stop recording?  Bad
> program guide data?  Godd program guide data, but a network that was
> broadcasting 1 1/4 hours off schedule? ...

Guide data was fine, network was on schedule and PC clock was perfect. I found
the recording had stopped whilst the film was still showing. I was able to
watch the last 20 minutes of the film and the guide data had not changed
during the showing.

> Delete and allow re-record simply deletes the file and removes the
> "recorded" recstatus from the oldrecorded table so that any rule that
> matches the program--even if using duplicate detection--will record it.
> If you don't have a recording rule that matches the program, it won't be
> recorded.

Surely hitting record whilst watching a programme should add a scheduling
rule? It may not _have_ to but it should.

> LiveTV makes a recording rule that only matches the one specific
> showing--the one you're currently watching.  Therefore, you must create
> a recording rule for the program.  IMHO, making a recording rule is
> always a better idea, anyway--that way, Myth may see a later showing of
> the program and decide to record it in its entirety instead of recording
> the current partial showing.  Then again, I don't even understand why
> people watch LiveTV, so I may be^H^H^H^H^H^Hprobably am biased...

I don't watch LiveTV - I was testing out the changes and happened to discover
a film I was interested in. :) Delete and re-record should search for another
showing even if the original rule was to record 'only this showing'? Again if
it doesn't, then it should.
--
Stuart Morgan