[mythtv] New MPEG2 commercial-cut code ready for testing

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Mon Nov 21 15:13:14 EST 2005

Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
> All versions since I added the PTS wrap code have had assorted issues.
>  I'm working on it, but I don't expect many recordings to go through
> ok at this point.  The message you are seeing in 0.14 was fixed in
> 0.15, but the frame insertion logic got broken several versions ago,
> and I'm still trying to work out the corner cases.
> I checked in some more fixes into svn which should help, though I'm
> still not convinced it is right.
>
> The mpeg2fix version is here:
> http://www.pblue.org/myth/mpeg2fix-0.16.tgz

Just tried this, and now it gets about 60% through my 'stream of death'
before it fails with a deadlock.

I wouldn't put too much more time into my particular issue, as this file
is REALLY bad, I'm surprised it gets as far as it does. I'm just
compiling SVN myth right now, since LiveTV seems to be fixed.

Thanks for all the hard work with this, it will certainly help me out,
with my non-corrupt files at any rate.

Tom