[mythtv] ease onto the devel list

tgate tgate at mypublic.net
Mon Nov 21 13:24:57 EST 2005

I've been silently following the dev mailing list for a while and
using the svn versions of myth.  I'd like to be able to provide some
helpful feedback without being annoying.  Perhaps someone could tell
me if this is normal...  Occasionally when I update svn and recompile
I get an error and find that if I wait for another svn commit it will
fix the problem or I'll get a different error.  For example  I just
updated to svn 7963 and when I run make I get this error:

ClassicCommDetector.o(.text+0x241ed): In function
`ClassicCommDetector::go()':
ClassicCommDetector.cpp: undefined reference to
`NuppelVideoPlayer::OpenFile(bool)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [mythcommflag] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mythtv/build/myth-svn/mythtv/
programs/mythcommflag'
make[1]: *** [sub-mythcommflag] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mythtv/build/myth-svn/mythtv/programs'
make: *** [sub-programs] Error 2

So my question is...  Is it helpful for me to report these when they
show up?  If so, I assume doing so through the Trac interface?  Or
should I assume they are understood and getting taken  care of?

-todd