[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7932 by nigel

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sun Nov 20 22:52:32 EST 2005

On 20-Nov-05, at 10:41 PM, David Snider wrote:

> Commenting on another post, to detect the filesystem on a Mac OSX
> system, you would use the diskutil command..  for example:
> diskutil info <device or mount point or device node>

Unfortunately it doesn't explicitly say if the volume is case-sensitive
and I'd rather not hardcode which filesystems are. Then it occurred to
me I could detect sensitivity by touching a file under one name and
testing for its existance under another. Simple and it works great.

So, by default it now uses the native filesystem for guys like you but
for retail FS folks like me it creates an image. When the mythweb thing
gets sorted out this behaviour can be undefaulted.

- George