[mythtv] Where should *users* report problems/potential bugs?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Nov 20 14:27:30 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 11:11 -0800, Daniel Segel wrote:
> I'm a user running the svn version of MythTV. I do follow the mythtv-dev
> and commits list, but I'm not sure where I should report problems I
> find. Should I post them to the mythtv-users list first, or here?
>
> A recent example was the 'can't delete' bug that was introduced in 7928
> and fixed in 7934; this one was fixed while I was debating with myself
> about where to post the problem, but in the future I might not be so lucky.
There is a short ticket how to here:
  http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/wiki/TicketHowTo

Basically, if you don't know if something is a bug post to
mythtv-users and ask.

If it is a bug and meets the other requirements in the 'ticket how to'
make a ticket. If it is a bug, but it either doesn't meet those
requirements or you can't or don't know how to meet those requirements
post here. Also if a developer writes something you don't understand
when closing the ticket, ask about it here.

-- Daniel