[mythtv] New MPEG2 commercial-cut code ready for testing

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Sat Nov 19 20:20:57 EST 2005

Yep, here's another one...hoepfully the last:
http://www.pblue.org/myth/mpeg2fix-0.14.tgz

With luck, this will fix all the problems Cory, Adam, Tom, and Bryan
have been having :)

Changes include: disable all optimizations when encoding.  This really
won't impact performance, and fixes Bryan's issues

prevent broken PTS values from hosing the stream.  if a single bad PTS
was found, it would cause replex to get out of sync, and force the
deadlock breaker to kick in.  Or if the bad PTS was on an audio frame,
memory usage would explode until the oom killer kicked in.  Now, we
just blow-away bad PTS values, and replace them with a valid one. I
also added a max_cap on number of queued frames so the run-away memory
usage won't happen.

Allow broken frames.  If a broken video frame came up, the code used
to abort.  Now it will just continue on, producing potentially bad
frames.  I'd like to be able to fix them, but for now these broken
frames will just be discarded.  Hopefully the streams will be
watchable, despite having artifacts. I've watched a few, and while
they don't look pretty, they seem to work ok.

.Geoff