[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7932 by nigel

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Nov 19 16:41:04 EST 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 14:49 -0500, George Nassas wrote:
> On 19-Nov-05, at 7:46 AM, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
> With these changes I'm able to to complete a checkout and partial
> build. Things go awry when creating libmythtv because the preview
> generator requires TVRec::GetScreenGrab but that file only gets built
> if you enable the backend. What now?

TVRec::GetScreenGrab() is a static function and could be moved to
the preview generator.

But as an aside I never intended the --disable-backend and
--disable-frontend params to be used in perpetuity. They were only
intended as temporary settings while a port is in progress. Recorders
such as the dbox2 recorder should be usable with the MacOS X port right
now, and the firewire recorder shouldn't be difficult to port.

Anyway, if there is demand for --disable-backend and --disable-frontend
as non-porting options a grep of the code will show where the problems
are:
  grep USING_BACKEND  libs/libmythtv/*.{cpp,h}
  grep USING_FRONTEND libs/libmythtv/*.{cpp,h}

And, of course, the libs/libmythtv/libmythtv.pro backend/frontend
lists of things to be compiled should be looked at.

I think it's only 4 or 5 issues total, mostly it has to do with
backend settings and the preview generator. Some backend settings
things are really needed by the frontend, such as ScheduledRecording.
I think that one is for setting the end time of a recording.

-- Daniel