[mythtv] Help needed with ATSC channels.conf [patch]

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 17:44:00 EST 2005

On Thursday 17 November 2005 17:26, John Pullan wrote:
> Could someone apply the attached patch and see if you can import an
> ATSC channels.conf file, generated by dvbscan, into mythtv-setup ?
> This patch assumes that the format is :
>
> name:frequency:modulation:pid:pid:progam id.
>
> which I think is correct, but it would be nice if someone could verify this
> .
>
> Regards
> --
> John

name:frequency_in_hz:QAM_256:videoPID:audioPID:serviceID
the serviceID (channels:serviceid) is AKA the subchannel ID.
the frequency_in_hz goes in the dtv_multiplex table and is referenced in
channels:mplexid by its mplexid number.

I don't know if Myth uses the video and audio PIDs, but it would be nice if it
could be an alternate method (as I get music stations with audio and video
not described in a proper subchannel ID but I can manually map the video PID
with the proper audio PID).

currently with 7738 I add the transponders manually, they populate the
dtv_multiplex table. then run mythfilldatabase and manually edit the mplexid
and serviceid for the stations that get added. then I'm able to tune
properly.

my channels.conf (which I sent John but as I'm going on vacation tmrw at 6am I
don't want to screw with my running myth setup to check the patch):

WGBH-HD:583779100:QAM_256:2048:2049:1
WB-HD:583779100:QAM_256:2112:2113:2
UPN-HD:589779400:QAM_256:2368:2369:5
ABC-HD:595779700:QAM_256:2048:2049:1