[mythtv] SVN Branching

Paul Wheeler paulrwheeler at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 10:34:27 EST 2005

One thing that might be good for this sort of thing is tagging the
version just prior to the breakage, that way people can just download
the tagged version rather than the specific revision (in effect the
same thing). I.e. you can periodically tag a release as latest
semi-stable release i.e. before any big changes go in. E.g. before
Daniels reworking of the tuning and before this live tv breakage. Also
before the panned convertion to mythui (through that sounds like it
may not be as disruptive). This is an easy way to stop people whinging
when trunk is broken, they just get the semi stable release.

Paul