[mythtv] hello, new member

Andrew Cheyne andrew at cheyne.ca
Thu Nov 17 09:55:03 EST 2005

  I just wanted to send an email to the list introducing myself and to
ask a couple of "newbie" questions. I recently installed MythTV knowing
that I'd like to do some development with it, so I'm looking for some
pointers as to how to get started. Please excuse me if there's a "Start
Here" web page that I haven't been able to find.

So..

- Where do I get started? I'd like information on creating new plugins
for MythTV.
- Is there a repository of information on plugins and/or features people
are currently working on for MythTV?

  Oh, I did mention that I'd be introducing myself.:

   I'm a software developer by profession, currently making my living
developing high performance computing technologies - stuff like Grid
Computing, and software that takes advantage of dual-core or multi-CPU
systems. In the past, I've done a lot of work in Speech technologies
(Speech Recognition, TTS, etc.) as well as telecom.
    My interest in Myth is to extend it to make it more than a media box
- investigating it to become more of a nerve centre for a home,
controlling things like home automation, family calendars, PSTN
voicemail, etc.
   On the personal side, I'm living out in Halifax, NS, Canada, enjoying
life with a 1 year old boy..

Cheers,
Andrew Cheyne