[mythtv] New MPEG2 commercial-cut code ready for testing

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Wed Nov 16 11:24:18 EST 2005

On 11/16/05, Tom Lichti wrote:
> Well, I compiled and installed a separate copy of latest SVN, but it is
> still looking at the older libmythavcodec. I installed to
> /var/lib/mythcvs/latest/install, but the error shows it going to my
> regular /usr/local install path.
>
> I'm going to recompile my old version without XvMC and see what happens...

do you have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set?  ld uses it during linking to find
the relevant .so files.  If it is set, clear it.  if it isn't set, set
it to point at the libs you want to use.  That should fix ld using the
wrong libs, though perhaps not the actual issue.  You need to keep it
set when running mpeg2fix, though, otehrwise it'll revert back to the
default search path.

.Geoff