[mythtv] New MPEG2 commercial-cut code ready for testing

Bryan Mayland bmayland at leoninedev.com
Tue Nov 15 14:10:14 EST 2005

Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
> I don't think it'll
> fix anyone else's crashing or infinite-loop problems.  Unfortunately,
> I'm mostly shooting in the dark on those, as I haven't been able to
> reproduce them yet.

    Do you have an SSE/2 enabled processor?  The problem in my case
seems to be that the outbuf malloc in  MPEG2fixup::build_frame() is
returning an 8-byte aligned pointer.  I believe this blows up on
libavcodec when it tries to do an SSE2 DCT.
Theres a similar possible problem in MPEG2frame() ctor and
MPEG2frame::ensure_size().