[mythtv] Re: Idea for interlaced playback.

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Mon Nov 14 09:08:26 EST 2005

>> Once upon a time I had a brief correspondence with an nvidia support
>> guy who knew what he was talking about.  He said that with the newer
>> cards (with tvout on-chip), some modeline resolutions cause the
>> binary driver to go into "non-scaling" mode.  That at least reduces
>> one of the variables.
>
> Tell us more! Which modelines?

 	Sorry to get your hopes up, but notice I said "brief
correspondence."  When I emailed for more details I never heard back.  As
near as I could tell, it wasn't "modelines," but rather "resolutions."  As
anyone who's tweaked modelines can tell you, they're not the same thing.
One can constructe a 320x240 "resolution" from a 1600x1200 "modeline" and
get an impressively underscanned result that's different from what anyone
else would guess.

 	In any event, a "720x480" resolution would be the first one to
try.  As I said, I haven't had an nvidia card with tvout that doesn't blow
goats, so I haven't tested it too much.

-Cory