[mythtv] Breaking Live-TV

Bob Cottingham bobnvic at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 08:43:06 EST 2005

On 11/11/05, Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> wrote:
> On Friday 11 November 2005 11:04 pm, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > >
> > > Hmm.  Pretty much _everything_ is keyed off of chanid/starttime.
> > >
> > :/ I thought so.
> >
> > I can't really think of an elegant hack to make this work.
> > Fudging the starttime is kind of ugly.
>
> Might be the easiest way, though.
>
> > We could just make sure this never happens by checking with manual
> > recordings by checking for chanid/starttime of recordings in the
> > scheduler. And make sure this never happens in LiveTV by locking
> > out channel being recorded by a scheduled recording for the first
> > minute of each recording.
>
> That seems hacky, though. :(
>
> > Perhaps in the LiveTV mode we could just do the 'add a minute to
> > starttime' hack instead of locking it out.
>
> Works for one duplicate instance.  Need something that'll work for more..

Whats the impact of changing the chanid? Does anyone have chanids
higher than 1999? What is the highest reasonable number? Could you
simply add 7000 to the chanid for all LiveTV shows and have the system
smart enough to know that 8011 was the same channel as 1011 but
recorded by LiveTV? That also would give an easy way of indicating
right in the filename that it was a LiveTV recording, which may have
its benefits as well.  I know I'm talking out of my league here, but
hope you don't mind me throwing out ideas.

Bob C