[mythtv] Breaking Live-TV

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Nov 11 23:04:30 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 22:07 -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Friday 11 November 2005 09:49 pm, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > I've had this break on me when a manual record on a program was also
> > This also broke the DB insertion of keyframes so I wanted to have
> > a closer look at this before I started working on a fix.
> Hmm.  Pretty much _everything_ is keyed off of chanid/starttime.
:/ I thought so.

I can't really think of an elegant hack to make this work.
Fudging the starttime is kind of ugly.

We could just make sure this never happens by checking with manual
recordings by checking for chanid/starttime of recordings in the
scheduler. And make sure this never happens in LiveTV by locking
out channel being recorded by a scheduled recording for the first
minute of each recording.

Perhaps in the LiveTV mode we could just do the 'add a minute to
starttime' hack instead of locking it out.

-- Daniel