[mythtv] Breaking Live-TV

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Nov 11 13:43:53 EST 2005

> > Plan is to autoexpire short (probably < under 5 minutes) programs from livetv
> > at a greater frequency than the current autoexpirerer runs through things.
> > Just haven't written it yet.

I think the expiration of LiveTV files before regular recordings is currently
broken because ProgramInfo::SetAutoExpire takes a boolean so the calls to
pginfo->SetAutoExpire(10000) are the same as pginfo->SetAutoExpire(true) and
older non-live recordings would get expired first.  I'm about to commit a patch
that will convert ProgramInfo::SetAutoExpire(bool) to
ProgramInfo::SetAutoExpire(int) so LiveTV recordings should get expired first.

> Any interest in assigning livetv files to a 'LiveTV' category that
> doesn't automatically appear under 'All Programs'?  This would keep
> the recordings separated and easily assessible, unless I'm missing

I think it's better to use a LiveTV Recording Group, then we can "save"
LiveTV programs just be changing their Recording Group to something
else (and changing the autoexpire and any other fixups necessary at the
same time, but the GUI wouldn't have to change to allow saving of LiveTV.

> the category so that it shows up under All Programs.  I would think
> that the livetv files that aren't autoexpired as you mentioned above
> should be autoexpired before scheduled recording files. Is this
> possible?

This should be fixed once I commit the patch I mention above, then we just
have to handle expiring shorter LiveTV clips first (and more frequently).

--
Chris