[mythtv] Questions for the DVB guys

Chris Birkinshaw chris at postbox.org.uk
Wed Nov 9 17:27:29 EST 2005

>>> Chris,
>>>      Could you expand on this a bit more ? Do you mean a particular
>>> table or a value within a table ?

In the UK DTT system there are 3 types of EIT tables on PID 18:

Table 79: EITpf (now and next)
Table 96: EITs (first 4 days)
Table 97: EITs (following 4 days, slower repetition rate)

There are also 2 sources for EITpf - the EITactual carried in the same
transport stream as the service in question, or the EITother carried in
the other 5 UK DTT transport streams (so called "cross-carry" data).
The cross-carry data is generated from pre-collated schedules gathered
from all multiplex operators and submitted to the transmitter sites, so
if a program is running a few minutes late the EITother can often be
incorrect. However, the EITactual on DTT muxes 1 and B is updated in
real time and comes from the multiplex operator themselves.

It would therefore be possible to have a check box for each multiplex
in the mythtv config which enabled the following behaviour (it is very
feasible that in future this feature will not be limited to muxes 1 and
B):

1. Event is scheduled by user. I am assuming that the mythtv EIT parser
is indiscriminate and so populates the database with all EIT tables,
i.e. actual/other, EITpf/EITs etc...
2. Event is about to start, recording machinery is on standby
3. We then wait until the EITactual table 79 for this service (i.e. the
EITpf Present event grabbed from the same TS as the program to be
recorded) undergoes a Version Number change.
4. Following the version number change the service ID of the current
event is checked against that in the database, and if correct the
recording is started.

Does this make more sense?

Regards,

Chris.