[mythtv] Mythbackend docs

Neil Neil.myth at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 18:16:31 EST 2005

Hi All,

apologies if this is the wrong forum to ask this question, but it seems
the most logical place!

I'm mid-way through writing a little utility that will automatically
record TV programs based on user-defined preferences.

The code to search for suitable shows is pretty much complete. I now
need to add the code that will call Mythbackend to actually schedule the
recording. Is there any documentation about how to do this? I've done
some searching and have found the mythprotocol docs at
http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/MythProtocol_5f14 but some worked
examples would be really useful. Not really fussed about the language
they are written in, but C++, C, or Java would be preferred.

Yes, I could just read the source code for mythfrontend, but if there is
a guide, it'd be quite handy!

TIA

Neil