[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7763 by kkuphal

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Sun Nov 6 19:10:34 EST 2005

On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 12:04:19PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> "Reschedule Higher Priorities" feature. I can tell you with absolute
> certainty that the very existence of an "L" state is because it is
> supposed to inform the users that a recording will be postponed and
> the user may want to reconsider that decision.

Bruce is doing a good job of defending this, but I want to add my own
2 cents.  I originally only created the rsOtherShowing status to which
Bruce referred.  He convinced me to change it to distinguish between
earlier and later showings.  I now rely heavily on seeing
rsLaterShowings flagged differently to let me know when I might want
to manually tweak my schedule.  IOW, don't change it -- it works as
intended and works very well.

David
--
David Engel