[mythtv] Mythtranscode .mpg => .mpg not .mpg => .nuv

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Sun Nov 6 14:57:07 EST 2005

> If you have the capability, sending me the tail of the original mpg
> might be useful.  this could be done with something like:
> tail --byte 10000000 sync.nuv > new.mpg
>
> (that would give me the last 10MB of the stream).  If you don't mind

 	I was thinking of that, but couldn't think of a "nice" way to cut
it with any tools that didn't mess with the stream.  You'll have to find
the closest MPEG header.  I will email off-list with the location.

 	Much easier if you look at it directly.  It wouldn't surprise me
if the stream is just plain broken since it was from a tape capture on an
old card with an old ivtv driver.  Good to squash bugs anyway, though, I
guess... the code shouldn't hang on *any* stream.

-Cory