[mythtv] Can't use MythTV after svn Help

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 13:54:50 EST 2005

On 05/11/05, Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> wrote:
> - I'm not sure how to present things to the user on the watching recordings
> screen.  If someone starts channel surfing, there's going to be lots of tiny
> little recordings cluttering up that screen.

Perhaps you could have it so that (say) if less than 80% of the
recording is present (48 minutes recorded time of a scheduled
hour-long show, something like that) then the recording isn't shown,
and is cleaned up/deleted when LiveTV is exited.

So anything that the user watches through (at least, watches most of),
is kept. It'd even give enough leeway for the user to go surfing
during commercials and to come back to continue watching the live
show, their "surfing break" acting as a kind of manual commercial cut.
Perhaps have a flag on such recordings that says "Watched in LiveTV
mode", something like that.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston