[mythtv] Typo in [7748]

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Sat Nov 5 12:58:12 EST 2005

On Saturday 05 November 2005 12:45 pm, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 10:16 -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:

> > > I'm not so sure this should be called there. I'm still digesting
> > > the new LiveTV code, but I've commented this out for now.
> >
> > Sorry about the typo - this is to get it to switch ringbuffers while the
> > recorder is paused (channel/input change).  Not calling it will just
> > delay the switch until the first keyframe.
>
> Ah, well that shouldn't make much difference when you have a dummy
> recorder.
>
> I think we do need some kind of dummy recorder special case, if only so
> we don't end up with blank frames at the beginning of every recording.
> I should have time to look at this a bit more intently tomorrow...

I was thinking that it wouldn't be very hard to make the ringbuffer class loop
playback of a file.  Since there's code in the NVP/TV classes now to switch
ringbuffers pretty easily, it may work to have the 'dummy recorder' get axed
and have the frontend itself just play from the dummy file until it gets told
to start the new, real file..

This might make even more sense because the TVRec class isn't streaming the
buffer to the frontend anymore.

Isaac