[mythtv] Offline viewing on Laptop

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Nov 4 14:05:32 EST 2005

Paul Rhodes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to be able to select files from mythtv to sync with my
> laptop so I can keep up with TV programmes while I am travelling, but
> I can't seem to find a clean way of doing this right now.
>
> I'm using DSMyth to watch recordings via mythweb right now, but I
> cannot click on 'Save Target as  ...' for myth:// links.
>
> Ideally it would be nice to have a program where I can select programs
> via a GUI (web or client/server) and sync them overnight.
>
> Is any of this possible? I'm sure other people must be doing this -
> what is the best solution available right now?

Best solution, use something like the mythrename.pl script with the
--link option to generate pretty named symbolic links and then copy the
files to your laptop for viewing (WinSCP, etc.).  It probably also
wouldn't be very hard to add a link that would work for Save Target As
from Mythweb referring to the filesystem (assuming you set up the
appropriate apache paths exposing your recording directory, etc).

But I don't think there is anything more elegant.

Kevin

--
Looking for affordable webhosting?  http://www.sitecity.net