[mythtv] Idea, suggestion : mythexplorer

Aaron McCarthy mccarthy.aaron at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 02:37:58 EST 2005

On Tuesday 01 November 2005 05:57, François K. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new here (and also at using MythTV) and I first would like to
> congratulate all the developpers for their work on mythtv, it's simply
> amazing  ! So thank you all !
> Here is a little idea I have to improve MythTV a bit. The subject may
> have been already discussed but I didn't find anything on it so...
> "My" idea is to create a new plugin that would allow the users to make
> some basic manipulations on files.
>
> For example, I often use an external USB disk and the only way for me to
> copy the files on my mythbox is to connect via another PC, with SSH. So,
> my idea was to create something very simple that would allow the user to
> copy/cut - paste - delete files.

I have implemented most of this as part of the media monitor.  A new MythHDD
object that monitors hotplugged USB devices.  As well as additions to
MythGallery to allow copying, moving and deleting of photos from removable
media.  I have not published my changes yet as it is still a work in
progress.

Aaron