[mythtv] mutliple storage directories idea... ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 2 18:30:48 EST 2005

On 11/02/05 13:15, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 11/02/05 13:00, Steve Adeff wrote:
>
>> 2. why can't the database contain not just the file name but also the
>> directory under which that file is contained? Would this not
>> eliminate the need for the symlinking? Consider the fellow that said
>> he had 300+ Simpsons recordings. Wouldn't it make some sense if he
>> could place them all in /blah/blah/Simpsons and then have the
>> database look for the files there via a directory entry than having
>> to have 300+ symlinks in his normal recording directory?
>
> We're nearly there in SVN.  We have support for including
> "subdirectory" names in the recording filename (where subdirectories
> are relative to the recordings directory).  However, there are still
> several places in the code that strip directories from the name.  I
> keep telling myself I'll patch this, but my HDTV upgrade has been a
> much higher priority for me...  :)

Check that.  Works fine--for the most part.  It looks like only one line
of code needs fixing, but it won't often be triggered (except by
"mythcommflag -f" and possibly autoexpire and it may cause recordings
that were recorded on a different host and placed in subdirs to be
streamed even if they're available locally and maybe a few others).

Line 1222 of programinfo.cpp is the culprit, but unfortunately, I can't
see an easy way to fix it.  We can't just trim the RecordFilePrefix off
the left because it won't work with multiple hosts...

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/programinfo.cpp?rev=7677#L1217

I can't think of a non-invasive approach to use.  Ideas?

Mike