[mythtv] Intro and Mythweb

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Tue Nov 1 09:37:07 EST 2005

Chris Petersen wrote:

>> Although this could certainly done in Mythweb itself, another
>> approach could be to extend the mythtv protocol to provide some
>> program guide access functions,
>

> I'm *all* for this.  personally, I'd much rather see the protocol
> expanded so that clients don't have to talk directly to the database.
> Unfortunately, that's not how it currently works.

I would whoheartedly agree here.  Having everything in the protocol
eliminates the possibility of a client doing something wrong to the DB
because all calls are made through the backend which will properly
handle the call.  And if nothing else, it eliminates the need for a DB
client and configuration on the client.

Kevin