[mythtv] Re: The scoop on programid and when it's not present

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Mon May 30 03:31:52 UTC 2005

Brad Templeton <brad+mydev at templetons.com> writes:

> Would it cause damage if I were to generate synthetic programids when
> they are missing with a regularly run
>     update program set programid = [synthetic] where programid = ''
>                         (possibly check for null as well)

I don't know how reliable your program data is, but up here, you may
or may not get good program program id's and/or individual episode
subtitle and description data, depending on the phase of the moon. The
way it's handled now, these programs do not show up as
duplicates. That's probably a Good Thing.

If you generate synthetic id's for these programs with the bad data,
they'll get marked as duplicate. I'd hate to miss an episode of my
favourite program because someone in the chain is too lazy or stupid
to provide reliable data.

--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571