[mythtv] Status of DVB EPG data

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Thu May 26 23:25:33 UTC 2005

I'm running CVS from Saturday, with DVB-T in Sydney, Australia.

It is my understanding that, for channels marked as "use on-air data"
without an xmltv ID configured, the program guide should be populated with
the on-air EPG data. Is this correct, or is this funtionality not quite
there yet?

Assuming it should be working, any ideas where to start troubleshooting?
I'm using tv_grab_au to populate the program guide for SD channels, and
(attempting to use) the on-air data for HD channels. I've tried running
tv_grab_dvb, which successfully returns now&next information.

Running mythbackend -v siparser returns a lot of 'unknown descriptor'
messages, though I don't know if that's relevant for chanel scanning or
EPG data. If it is, you can find it here:

http://www.whitear.org/misc/siparser.txt

Cheers,

Jon