[mythtv] mythtv commits (improperly dropping DVB channels)

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Wed May 25 22:15:15 UTC 2005

On Tue 24 May 2005 16:16, John Pullan wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 08:10 -0700, Wendy Seltzer wrote:
> > I'm still seeing this problem in current CVS, which is making it harder
> > for me to debug other issues I'm seeing there (namely, I can no longer
> > skip forward or get length info in SD shows that have been transcoded
> > recently).
> >
> > An option to turn off the automatic updating of channels would work for
> > me until we can work out keeping the xmltvid in sync with the channels.
>
> <snip>
>
> In tv_rec.cpp you could try commenting out lines 104,105 the creation of
> the SIScan object and associated thread. (WARNING one by inspection)

Ditto Wendy's thanks. 5+ channels were just overwritten on my system which
resulted in a few swear words. Fixing the broken schedules, icon paths and
xmltvids is/was starting to become a real pain.

I'm compiling now with the above lines commented out - hopefully that will fix
the issue for now, although it will prevent me from auto-scanning the new E4
channel due to launch on Friday :(

Personally I think the relevant patches should be reversed until a working
implementation has been created. The current code is seriously flawed.
--
Stuart Morgan