[mythtv] Audio Pids PrefferedLanguages (Again)

John reidjr at lineone.net
Tue May 24 19:26:12 UTC 2005

Jesper Sörensen wrote:

Sorry for the slow reply, I was away for a while.

> Ok, now I remember, you're the guy with the broken PMT. (Sorry, but
> there are so many people on the list, and many Johns) :-)

Not sure I want to be remembered as the guy with the broken PMT, but you
are right anyway :-). The PMT problem was fixed by the way, by the provider.

> Still running that hack? If you have local modifications to your Myth
> source could you please post a "cvs diff -u" so I can see what you
> have done.

No, I am now running 0.18.1 checked out of CVS. I am not using your
multiaudio on PS patch, or the static audio  languages patch.

> I'm guessing that your hack needs some fixing. It *should* work with
> TS mode, and in HW mode you *should* only get one audio stream.

I have looked at the code till I am cross eyed, and I just dont get the
behaviour.
I would expect the logic of :
PreferredLanguages =  null;
I would have expected to either get 1 language (first = fre) , if
hw_decoder_option =1, and 2 languages (fre, eng) if hw_decoder_option =0 .

With PreferredLanguages = eng
I would have expected to either get 1 language (eng) , if
hw_decoder_option =1, or if  hw_decoder_option =0.

What I get is 1 language (fre) without PreferredLanguages, which
suggests hw_decoder_option =1, and 2 languages (fre,eng) if
PreferredLanguages = eng.

So I dont get it ......