[mythtv] Audio Pids PrefferedLanguages (Again)

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Sun May 22 14:25:41 UTC 2005

John skrev:

> Thanks for the prompt reply.
>
>>> 2005-05-22 10:50:30.772 DVB#1 ERROR - Failed to set demux filter.
>>>          (22) Invalid argument
>>

>> You probably need to toggle the "HW decoder" option.
>

> By Toggle do you mean off or on or change back and forward :-)

Depends. :-) The hw option was added to fix that demux error, but now I
think the problem is somewhere else.

> Despite past experience, tried all combinations of HW Decoder and TS/PS
>
> Anyway My FF card _must be_ PS,HW decoder, or else it doesnt work. (
> No data from card blah blah ...)

What card & driver do you have? Which kernel version?

>>> Have things changed, should I be using another settings entry ?
>>

>> Double check that it's really in the db and that it's in the correct
>> format. Doesn't seem like it "took"... :-)
>

> Not sure what you meant here ? As I showed from the traces without the
> PreferredLanguages settingonly 1 audio PID is selected, and added
> succesfully.
>
> With PreferredLanguages = eng added to the DB, then it selects 2 audio
> Pids but adding the second causes an error.

Ok, now I remember, you're the guy with the broken PMT. (Sorry, but
there are so many people on the list, and many Johns) :-)

Still running that hack? If you have local modifications to your Myth
source could you please post a "cvs diff -u" so I can see what you have
done. I'm guessing that your hack needs some fixing. It *should* work
with TS mode, and in HW mode you *should* only get one audio stream.

BTW, which country are you in and which DVB provider do you use?