[mythtv] Programming help.

Devan Lippman devan.lippman at gmail.com
Fri May 20 23:17:29 UTC 2005

write a function ismatch() that will take two strings and compare them
recursivly with wildcard support. so for example a call could look like
this:
ismatch("Giana 01.adf", "Giana*.adf")
which would call itself
ismatch("iana 01.adf", "iana*.adf")
ismatch("ana 01.adf", "ana*.adf")
ismatch(" 01.adf", "*.adf")
and then at the wildcard call
ismatch(" 01.adf", ".adf")
ismatch("01.adf", ".adf")
ismatch("1.adf", ".adf")
ismatch(".adf", ".adf")

something like this:
bool ismatch(string filename, string match)
{
bool result = false;
if(match[0] == '*')
 {
for(int i = 1; i < match.length() && !result; i++) result =
ismatch(filename, match.substr(1));
if(match.length() == 1) return true;
 return result;
 }
if(match.length() == 1 && match == filename) return true;
 return match[0] == filename[0] && ismatch(filename.substr(1), match.substr
(1));
}
 actually thats horrible, but it probably work it you convert it from my
made up language to C++.
 Devan

Thanks,
Devan Lippman <devan at lippman.net>