[mythtv] 1080i scaling problems

Rich Goodin rich at goodin.com
Thu May 19 17:11:52 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I'm getting a strange problem with only 1080i content. My display is
an 800x600 projector. When displaying 780p everything is nice and
centered in the display area. With 1080i I would expect the whole
display to be covered from left to right with black bars on the top
and bottom. This is with all the scaling modes set to "OFF". What I'm
seeing is a ~100 pixel wide black bar on the left and the 1080i image
truncated on the right by the same amount. I checked the arguments to
XShmPutImage and got the following which is expected:

src x: 0
src y: 0
src w: 1920
src h: ~1088

dst x: 0
dst y: ~72
dst w: 800
dst h: ~455

But I still see the black bar on the left side of the image. I also
commented out the code that draws the explicit black borders around
the image, they also were behaving as expected and not causing the
black bar on the left.

This leads me to believe that the 1080i image is actually being
loaded into the source image with an X offset or some funny scaling.
Where can I find the code that takes the image from the capture card
(in this case a pcHDTV 3000) and loads the source buffer?

Thanx,
Rich Goodin