[mythtv] Re: XvMC and Mythtv

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Sat May 14 22:12:56 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 17:51 -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

> Having eight XvMC buffers really means you only have two free buffers
> in the worst case scenario. Two for OSD, three for I/P-frame past/future
> frames, one for display, and _two_ for filling.
I just wanted to add that Andy Polling is working chromakey OSD patch
that adds those two OSD buffers back into the pool of available
buffers.

This _halves_ the real-time requirement for XvMC playback with the
eight buffer XvMC drivers. This is at the expense of having no
blending support. But if it means you can play videos you couldn't
before then it's all upside...

-- Daniel