[mythtv] XvMC and ./configure

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Sat May 14 02:54:46 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 17:09 -0700, Rich Goodin wrote:
> The only point I was making was that xvmc_vld in configure had
> changed from the default of "no" to "yes" with the latest CVS.
This was changed, but the commits list has been a little flaky in
the last day or two. xvmc_vld should only be enabled if you have
libXVMCW or libviaXvMC, in which case you should have that header.

What version of X are you using and on which distribution? I'll
add a check for that header, but if you could do a "locate vldXvMC.h"
or "find . -name vldXvMC.h" then maybe we can find this header
on your system.

> Thanks for letting me know that we are discontinuing XvMC support
> for nVidia, I'll stop testing it.
We are not discontinuing XvMC support for the nVidia closed
source drivers. Currently, the anything between v.50.00 and
v. 66.29 should be working fine for except for some seeking
glitches.

--
Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cat.nyu.edu>