[mythtv] Increased update lead time, repo too large (was: Call for testers of release-0-18-fixes branch)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri May 13 16:38:21 UTC 2005

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 09:29:21AM -0700, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 13 May 2005 01:27, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > Yes, I had to upload new ATrpms packages for another project while
> > mythtv was still building (9 distributions, half of them for two
> > archs, and even one mythtv build takes a couple of ages). There was no
> > other way, sorry.
>
> I figured that was the case, so I'd waited a while before saying anything
> about it. Guess I didn't wait long enough. ;-)

The bad news are that the current support of so many distros with
three different metadataformats and my non-scaling web site rebuilding
scripts make the smallest update having a minimum of 2h lead time.

And now where ATrpms was listed rather high in the FC4t3 mirror lists
(first in the German list) the box is quite occupied with delivering
FC4t3 isos. I have started the upload procedure 5h (!!!) ago and it is
still in metadata creation.

I'd like feedback on whether some distributions should finally face
nirvana. Not only for mythtv, but atrpms in general. I tend to want to
kill everything that RH has killed (EOLed). That would be RHL7.3 to 9
and FC1 and 2.

I'd also welcome help in new web site rebuilding scripts. The current
system is caching some parts and was intended to be performant, but
it's scalability has long been exceeded.

Please reply on ATrpms-devel (or *-users), this is OT for
mythtv. Replies are set to ATrpms-devel.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net