[mythtv] Re: Call for testers of release-0-18-fixes branch

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri May 13 16:29:21 UTC 2005

On Friday 13 May 2005 01:27, Axel Thimm wrote:

> > >Thanks! :)
> >
> > No problemo. I presume you've already noticed I built them trying out
> > Chris' modified spec file.
>
> Yes, looks like the bginning of a fork ;)

Heh, nah, not yet. Just figured I'd give it a shot, and made sure there was a
clean upgrade path from official ATrpms packages to these and back to
official ATrpms packages. However, I do like a lot of the changes Chris has
made, from a "user-wants-to-rebuild-their-own" point of view. Still a bunch
of stuff in there that make it not yet possible to build them without some
macros though, as evidenced by Karsten's feedback. :-)

> > >I updated the 0.18 packages to include latest release-0-18-fixes. They
> > >will hit the server later today.
> >
> > One minor problem I see with what you've got pushed out right now
> > though... You need to rebuild the plugins, as mythbrowser and mythdvd
> > depend on a specific lib, and one of the changes in -fixes in prep for
> > calling it a 0.18.1 release was to bump the libversion from 0.18 to
> > 0.18.1. See Fedor Pikus' email on atrpms-users for the resulting
> > effect.
>
> Yes, I had to upload new ATrpms packages for another project while
> mythtv was still building (9 distributions, half of them for two
> archs, and even one mythtv build takes a couple of ages). There was no
> other way, sorry.

I figured that was the case, so I'd waited a while before saying anything
about it. Guess I didn't wait long enough. ;-)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com