[mythtv] Re: Call for testers of release-0-18-fixes branch

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri May 13 08:27:28 UTC 2005

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 01:07:36AM -0700, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On May 12, 2005, at 7:54 AM, Axel Thimm wrote:
>
> >On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 03:24:10PM -0700, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> >>In an effort to get a 0.18.1 release out the door, we need more folks
> >>to test
> >>it for stability/proper functionality, etc.
> >
> >>There are no critical bugfixes (no critical bugs to fix right now),
> >>just
> >>several small bugfixes. The only feature additions are the inclusion
> >>of
> >>internal firewire channel-change support on DCT-6200 cable boxes and
> >>support
> >>for LxM Suite services.
> >>
> >>I've also built rpm packages that Fedora Core 3 users can grab from
> >>here:
> >>
> >>http://wilsonet.com/packages/mythtv/
> >
> >Thanks! :)
>
> No problemo. I presume you've already noticed I built them trying out
> Chris' modified spec file.

Yes, looks like the bginning of a fork ;)

> >>Versioning on the packages should be friendly enough that you can use
> >>these to
> >>upgrade an ATrpm 0.18 install and then upgrade to an official ATrpms
> >>0.18.1
> >>install later.
> >
> >I updated the 0.18 packages to include latest release-0-18-fixes. They
> >will hit the server later today.
>
> One minor problem I see with what you've got pushed out right now
> though... You need to rebuild the plugins, as mythbrowser and mythdvd
> depend on a specific lib, and one of the changes in -fixes in prep for
> calling it a 0.18.1 release was to bump the libversion from 0.18 to
> 0.18.1. See Fedor Pikus' email on atrpms-users for the resulting
> effect.

Yes, I had to upload new ATrpms packages for another project while
mythtv was still building (9 distributions, half of them for two
archs, and even one mythtv build takes a couple of ages). There was no
other way, sorry.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net