[mythtv] Call for testers of release-0-18-fixes branch

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri May 13 07:46:37 UTC 2005

On May 12, 2005, at 7:37 PM, karsten wrote:

> Further to the spec  files (you MUST be tired of me now :-)

Nah, I'm more tired of rpm macros that I forget not everyone has. :-)

> myththemes-0.18.1.spec defines evr
> while
> mythplugins defines eversion
>
> I'll bet it is the same thing.

Not quite. From my .rpmmacros:

%eversion       %{?epoch:%{epoch}:}%{version}
%evr            %{?epoch:%{epoch}:}%{version}-%{release}

And might as well just toss these in while I'm at it:

%_initdir       %{_sysconfdir}/rc.d/init.d
%_varlibdir     %{_localstatedir}/lib
%_varcachedir   %{_localstatedir}/cache
%_logdir                %{_localstatedir}/log
%_rundir                %{_localstatedir}/run
%_subsysdir     %{_localstatedir}/lock/subsys
%_sysconfigdir  %{_sysconfdir}/sysconfig
%_logrotatedir  %{_sysconfdir}/logrotate.d

> I defined those in the spec file to 0.18.1 and got all packages
> compiled.
> Next is - of course - how it works - if I got it compiled correctly :-)

Heh, how it works is what I'm more concerned about, since most folks
won't likely be building their own, but the feedback is still
appreciated. Ideally, it'd be great if one could use 'rpmbuild -ta
mythtv-0.X.Y.tar.bz2' and produce functional rpms without needing any
macros.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com