[mythtv] Call for testers of release-0-18-fixes branch

Karsten Jeppesen karsten at jeppesens.com
Thu May 12 22:59:24 UTC 2005

Jarod Wilson wrote:

>In an effort to get a 0.18.1 release out the door, we need more folks to test

Hello Jarod,
This may not be what you want, but anyway - here are my notes:
I used the source rpms to compile from scratch. Just for fun and because
they were compiled for i386 and not i686. Don't know if that makes a
difference so...

Starting with an FC3 minimal install, updated to current repository
standard.
rpmbuild -ba --with proc_opt mythtv-0.18.1.spec

1) Is --with proc_opt possible in mythplugins? It isn't mentioned.

2) BuildRequires:  XFree86-devel (mythtv and mythplugins)
Hmm, I thought that was depreciated. Using xorg-x11-devel instead

3) Can't find /etc/moc (mythtv)
I assume MythTV is using moc, and that you have to build the plugins first.
On second attempt - not sure - can you elaborate? What are you lookin
for in /etc/moc ?

rpmbuild -ba --with proc_opt

4) Build requires libmyth stuff - is there a cross reference problem?

5) rm %{buildroot} depreciated
The correct way to do it is:
[ "%{buildroot}" != "/" ] && rm -rf %{buildroot}

6) environment variables
Which ones to set and what are the default values?
Like _varlibdir

Karsten