[mythtv] Call for testers of release-0-18-fixes branch

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed May 11 22:24:10 UTC 2005

In an effort to get a 0.18.1 release out the door, we need more folks to test
it for stability/proper functionality, etc. You can check the code out from
cvs like so:

$ cvs -d :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs login
Logging in to :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
CVS password: mythtv

$ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs \
	checkout -r release-0-18-fixes mythtv

You'll also need the matching mythplugins (change the last 'mythtv' above to
'mythplugins' to check out that module).

There are no critical bugfixes (no critical bugs to fix right now), just
several small bugfixes. The only feature additions are the inclusion of
internal firewire channel-change support on DCT-6200 cable boxes and support
for LxM Suite services.

I've also built rpm packages that Fedora Core 3 users can grab from here:

http://wilsonet.com/packages/mythtv/

Versioning on the packages should be friendly enough that you can use these to
upgrade an ATrpm 0.18 install and then upgrade to an official ATrpms 0.18.1
install later.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com