[mythtv] MMX patch on MacOS X

Eggert Thorlacius eggi-spam at menandmice.com
Wed May 11 10:28:06 UTC 2005

While trying to build yesterdays CVS on MacOS X, I got linker errors
about a missing definition of mm_support in filter_crop.c and
filter_quickdnr.c. I added the following lines to both files and got
them to link OK, but I have no idea whether this is an acceptable
solution:

  #define emms()  do {} while (0)
  int mm_support(void) { return 0; }

These files both compiled OK two days ago, before this patch was
applied:

> Changes committed by danielk on Mon May  9 19:31:31 2005
[Snip]
> This patch is not as big as it appears, it's mostly just changing
> some ifdefs and including the libs/libavcodec/mmx.h instead of the
> libs/libmythtv/mmx.h.
>
> Jay Merrifield's mmx for x86-64 patch. This should enable mmx for
> x86-64 systems everywhere except the in the linear_blend filter.
> If someone wants to volunteer to rewrite that with the mmx.h
> macros that would be great...
>
> I also commented out the mm_support() in osdsurface.cpp, the problem
> here appears to have been that dsputil.h was included as a C++ header.
> It is actually a C header, but I've added the extern "C" {} construct
> so it should work fine now.

Eggert