[mythtv] Unsynchronized id3v2 tags in mythmusic

Eskil Heyn Olsen myth at eskil.org
Tue May 10 09:07:05 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 07:49 +0200, Hugues Lismonde wrote:

> My goal is to have a plugin independent of mythmusic so I can sync
> music, news and so on as other plugins are enabled in mythtv (but it
> can complement your stuff).

Sync in general or sync and stuff to ipod ? Guess both sort of makes
sense.

> I  was initially planning to use libitunesdb (http://cfergeau.free.fr/
> libitunesdb.html) but it depends on gnome-vfs and glib2 and would
> force me to wrap it in C++. If the IOslave is really easy to
> "extract" then it might be better to use it.

That was the library I was first looking and, and ditched for the same
reasons.

> Would you mind sending me some pointers/code to get the IOslave out
> of KDE?

I've got it all extracted and whatnot. Was going to start adding it to
mythmusic (probably after a lot of discussion as to where it should
be...), then start working on the UI changes and some initial code so
it'll at least copy music from the iPod to the mythmusic database.

I'll email you a tarball with the repackaged library.

eskil
---