[mythtv] external channel changing..

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Mon May 9 23:03:40 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 22:45 +0000, travis eddy wrote:
> thanks, what it is  ( i think, i have little programming knowlage ) the code
> dosen't end with a returen 0
When the channel changing works the program/script should return 0.
We didn't check this in 0.16, but that was a bug not a feature.

> however!! i'm haveing issuse's getting this new frontend do deal with my
> dual head video card, it wants to use the higher res. ( i have a tv and lcd
> hooked up, before it worked fine, but this could also me a mandrake issue
> don't know yet just fugured it out testing the recoreding to see if that
> work) but thank agian for your response(s) and thanks for myth!!
If you are using Xinerama you need to configure myth to start on the
correct Xinerama screen. This will be in the Appearance settings in
mythfrontend on the "Screen settings" pane, if you are using have
Xinerama (and MythTV was compiled with Xinerama, the default on
UNIX compatible systems).

If you are not using Xinerama, you need to set the DISPLAY variable
properly. Generally instead of ":0" or ":0.0" you would use something
like ":0.1" or ":1.0".

-- Daniel