[mythtv] MythWeb show override (missing)

Endaf Jones jonese at zener.com
Fri May 6 03:06:17 UTC 2005

With MythWeb, in the past, you were able to force a recording despite
the recording being a repeat.  This behavior has somewhat changed in
recent weeks.

An example.

Let's say I've recorded Battlestar Galactica series.  I setup to record
new episodes only and a limit of 6 episodes because I'm short on disk
space.  The whole season goes on and records what's needed and it keeps
the last 6 episodes at the end.

The season is over and they start playing re-runs.  It's at that time I
add more disk space and I'd like to re-record the first 7 or so episodes
so that I have a complete season.

Off I go into MythWeb and discover that I can't force a recording (yet,
strangely, I could force a re-record of a program that I still have on
the HD?  Kinda seems backwards).  It seems all shows that are repeats
and don't exist on your HD can't be forced to record.

Can we have the ability to force a show to recorded (override) put back
into MythWeb?  You have this ability on the frontend.

# Endaf